Facilitates NACA summer institutes, ensuring that curriculum and delivery meet the standards expected of NACA. We are currently recruiting student track facilitators for the following:
- Student Government Institute West
- June 13-17, 2022
- University of Colorado Denver
- Programming Board Institute
- June 20-24, 2022
- DePaul University (IL)
- Student Government Institute East
- July 18-22, 2022
- Rowan University (NJ)
- Attends the selected Institute (Student Government Institute or Programming Board Institute) for the duration of the event.
- Responds in a timely manner to pre-event communications from the NACA staff liaison(s).
- Participates in planning meetings prior to the event and wrap-up meetings upon conclusion of the event.
- Serves as a collaborative and prepared member of the facilitation team.
- Supports any event logistical needs, as requested by NACA staff liaison(s).
- Facilitates activities and discussions as outlined in pre-written curriculum in a manner that supports student and professional development.
- Models behavior that reflects positively on NACA and the student affairs profession.
- Additional responsibilities as assigned and agreed upon with the NACA office staff liaison.
- Supports NACA programs through attendance whenever possible.
- Must be a full-time or part-time professional staff member at a NACA member institution.
- Must have approval from and support of their institution (note: support is defined as financial as well as time out of the office, etc.).
- If the volunteer changes jobs during the position’s term, the new school must also be a NACA member and provide a statement of support. The NACA Coordinator of Volunteer Leadership Services must be informed of this change within two weeks and the new letter of support must be received at the NACA Office within 30 days of selection. If not a member school, the school must join as a member within 30 days of hiring.
- NACA Connect
- NACA Google Drives
- Registration waiver for the selected Institute
- Lodging for the duration of the Institute
- Per diem for any meals designated as “on your own” during the Institute
Term of Service/Time Commitment:
- NACA Institute Facilitators will serve from the date of selection through two weeks after the conclusion of the Institute they were selected to facilitate.
NACA Office Liaison(s):
- Director of Education and Research
- Education and Research Coordinator
- Relationship Development
- Networking and Business Relationships
- Event Support
- Intentionality in Student Learning
- Cultivating a Sense of Belonging
- Experiential Leadership Learning