The Showcase Selection & Marketplace Coordinator facilitates the implementation of all aspects of Campus Activities Marketplace operation and policy enforcement as needed, in conjunction with NACA staff. The Showcase Selection & Marketplace Coordinator will strive to provide the best possible environment for associate and school members to network and conduct business in accordance with NACA policies.
NOTE: The showcase selection process for NACA St. Paul will be completed by the time this position is in place this year, so all responsibilities and qualifications specific to that portion of the role have been removed from the bullets below.
- Assures that the Association’s Mission and Vision are reflected in the attendee experience by helping create an inclusive, hospitable environment where all attendees feel welcome and connected. This includes attending all conference events and meetings to set the tone for attendee engagement.
- Strongly encouraged to submit at least one educational program proposal for the conference.
- Coordinates and supervises the operation of the Campus Activities Marketplace for conferences as per printed policy, recruiting additional team members to assist on site as deemed necessary to assist with monitoring exhibitor load-in and load out.
- Oversees adherence to policies related to exhibiting, sightlines, noise levels, booth demonstrations and Marketplace attractions.
- Coordinates different opportunities to increase engagement within the Campus Activities Marketplace with exhibitors and delegates.
- Submits written post-conference Showcase Selection & Marketplace Coordinator report to the NACA Office, highlighting instances of noise complaints, early load-out, non-attendance or other policy violations.
- Attends all regularly scheduled regional meetings and conference calls.
- Additional responsibilities as assigned and agreed upon with volunteer supervisor and/or NACA office staff liaison.
- Supports NACA programs through attendance whenever possible.
- Attends conference.
- Must be a full-time professional staff member at a NACA member institution
- Must have approval from and support of their institution (note: support is defined as financial as well as time out of the office, etc.)
- If the volunteer changes jobs during the position’s term, the new school must also be a NACA member and provide a statement of support. The NACA Volunteer Development Manager must be informed of this change within two weeks and the new letter of support must be received at the NACA Office within 30 days of selection. If not a member school, the school must join as a member within 30 days of hiring.
- The Showcase Selection & Marketplace Coordinator must not be a current or former employee or intern of an NACA associate member firm or agency, or plan to be employed by or be an intern for an NACA associate member agency or firm within the next fiscal year.
- NACA Connect
- NACA Google Drives
- Will receive reimbursement for one-half of the double room rate for one night’s lodging for the time they are required to arrive early for conference to attend required meetings.
Term of Service/Time Commitment:
- Conference Committee Chair
NACA Staff Liaison:
- Experience & Events Director
- Relationship Development
- Networking and Business Relationships
- Professional Development
- Experiential Leadership Learning