The Inclusivity Coordinator is responsible for assuring quality educational initiatives around issues of diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility that advance the NACA Statement on Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Accessibility.
- Utilizes the Statement on Diversity as a guide to create and implement programs and activities that educate and promote different forms of diversity and to assist with recruiting presenters for educational sessions addressing issues of diversity.
- Serves as an advocate within the Regional Leadership Team, ensuring that fellow volunteers understand the Statement on Diversity and that they do their part to ensure these ideals are addressed through the conference and other programs.
- Strongly encouraged to submit at least one educational program proposal for the conference.
- Assures that the Association’s Mission and Vision are reflected in the attendee experience by helping create an inclusive, hospitable environment where all attendees feel welcome and connected. This includes attending all conference events and meetings to set the tone for attendee engagement.
- Attends all regularly scheduled regional meetings and conference calls.
- Additional responsibilities as assigned and agreed upon with volunteer supervisor and/or NACA staff liaison.
- Supports NACA programs through attendance whenever possible.
- Attends regional conference.
- Must be a full-time professional staff member at a NACA member institution.
- Must have approval from and support of their institution (note: support is defined as financial as well as time out of the office, etc.)
- If the volunteer changes jobs during the position’s term, the new school must also be a NACA member and provide a statement of support. The NACA Volunteer Development Manager must be informed of this change within two weeks and the new letter of support must be received at the NACA Office within 30 days of selection. If not a member school, the school must join as a member within 30 days of hiring.
- NACA Connect
- NACA Google Drives
Term of Service/Time Commitment:
- Education & Inclusivity Team Lead
NACA Staff Liaison:
- Director of Education and Research
- Networking and Business Relationships
- Professional Development
- Cultivating a Sense of Belonging