The Business Connections & Block Booking Coordinator facilitates business connections and networking opportunities for school and associate members in the region and on-site at the conference.
- Coordinates regional Block Booking activities and works with the Associate Advisory Group liaison to facilitate business connections year-round.
- Presides at regional Block Booking meetings at the conference and other regional and/or national activities, where appropriate.
- Coordinates the Block Booking Center in the Campus Activities Marketplace at the conference and at other regional activities, where appropriate.
- Fosters a sense of positive customer service and helpfulness for all system users (associates and school members alike) through transparent decision making, listening to concerns and addressing problems as appropriate.
- Troubleshoots online system as well as user problems on site and leading up to regional conference with assistance from the National Block Booking Team.
- Participates in all regularly schedule meetings and required trainings.
- Attends meetings at NACA events that provide opportunities for feedback about the Block Booking process when available and appropriate (i.e., Associate Member Town Hall).
- Serves as a mentor to the Business Connections Graduate Intern, providing insight and counsel into the student activities profession.
- Participates as a co-presenter with the Business Connections Graduate Intern in an education session for the regional event.
- Assures that the Association’s Mission and Vision are reflected in the attendee experience by helping create an inclusive, hospitable environment where all attendees feel welcome and connected. This includes attending all conference events and meetings to set the tone for attendee engagement.
- Works with the Regional Leadership Team and Associate Advisory Group liaison to ensure that the business components of the conference are as successful as possible.
- Presents an educational program in conjunction with the National Block Booking Team for the regional conference.
- Additional responsibilities as assigned and agreed upon with volunteer supervisor and/or NACA staff liaison.
- Supports NACA programs through attendance whenever possible.
- Attends regional conference.
- Must be a full-time professional staff member at a NACA member institution.
- Must have approval from and support of their institution (note: support is defined as financial as well as time out of the office, etc.).
- If the volunteer changes jobs during the position’s term, the new school must also be a NACA member and provide a statement of support. The NACA Volunteer Development Manager must be informed of this change within two weeks and the new letter of support must be received at the NACA Office within 30 days of selection. If not a member school, the school must join as a member within 30 days of hiring.
- NACA Google Drives
- Will receive a reimbursement check for one-half of the double room rate for one night’s lodging for the time they are required to arrive early for conference to attend required meetings.
Term of Service/Time Commitment:
- Business Connections Graduate Intern
NACA Staff Liaison:
- Experience & Events Director
- Relationship Development
- Networking and Business Relationships
- Professional Development
- Event Support
- Recruitment and Retention