The Volunteer Development & Experience Lead manages the recruitment, selection, training, and retention efforts of the regional volunteers.
- Coordinates the selection process for all Regional Leadership Team volunteers, following procedures for selection as outlined by the NACA Office.
- Works with the National Volunteer Development Team, Regional Leadership Team Chair, and NACA Volunteer Development Manager to implement a volunteer recruitment program within the region.
- Develops continuing volunteer training/development programs and initiatives in collaboration with the NACA Office and National Volunteer Development Team.
- Works with the Events Team Lead, Regional Leadership Team Chair, and NACA Office to recruit and coordinate on-site event volunteers and micro-volunteers.
- Connects with volunteers regularly throughout the year to ensure they are engaged within the region and check on their experience.
- Collaborates with the National Volunteer Development Team to develop and coordinate regional volunteer recognition initiatives.
- Attends all regularly scheduled team and Volunteer Development & Experience Lead position meetings.
- Participates in meetings and conference calls with the National Volunteer Development Team as requested.
- Assists with regional awards as requested by the Recognition & Awards Coordinator.
- Strongly encouraged to submit at least one educational program proposal for the conference.
- Assures that the Association’s Mission and Vision are reflected in the attendee experience by helping create an inclusive, hospitable environment where all attendees feel welcome and connected. This includes attending all events and meetings to set the tone for attendee engagement.
- Additional responsibilities as assigned and agreed upon with volunteer supervisor and/or NACA staff liaison.
- Supports NACA programs through attendance whenever possible.
- Attends conference and/or events within the region.
- Must be a full-time professional staff member at a NACA member institution.
- Must have approval from and support of their institution (note: support is defined as financial as well as time out of the office, etc.).
- If the volunteer changes jobs during the position’s term, the new school must also be a NACA member and provide a statement of support. The NACA Volunteer Development Manager must be informed of this change within two weeks and the new letter of support must be received at the NACA Office within 30 days of selection. If not a member school, the school must join as a member within 30 days of hiring.
- NACA Connect
- NACA Google Drive
Term of Service/Time Commitment:
- November 15th – January 31st (approximately 14.5 months)
- Regional Leadership Team Chair
NACA Staff Liaison:
- Volunteer Development Manager
- Experiential Leadership Learning
- Recruitment and Retention
- Volunteer & Staff Management
- Professional Development
- Cultivating a Sense of Belonging
- Networking and Business Relationships